I would like you to join us on Friday 23 June 2023 at 09:30 for our Revenue interventions webinar!
As a professional, you work hard to help your clients navigate complex tax laws and regulations. But even the most diligent taxpayers can become the subject of a Revenue intervention - an investigation or audit that can be time-consuming, stressful, and costly. That's why we've designed a 3-hour webinar specifically for advisers like you, who want to learn how to protect your clients and their wealth from Revenue interventions.
This is not a rehash of the contents of the Code of Practice for Revenue compliance interventions. It is assumed that all attendees are familiar with the code.
Instead we will focus on how Revenue interventions are aimed at disallowing claims for exemption and relief by finding technical errors in the claim process.
Led by experienced experts, this webinar will give you insider knowledge on Revenue interventions, including how to identify potential red flags, what to do if your client receives a notice, and how to manage the process. You'll also learn practical tips for effective communication with Revenue officials, and how to build strong relationships that can benefit your clients in the long run.
With this webinar, you'll be able to provide your clients with peace of mind, knowing that you have the knowledge and skills to navigate a Revenue intervention should it arise. Don't miss out on this opportunity to protect your clients and enhance your professional reputation.
Topics that will be addressed will include claims for:
- Retirement relief
- Entrepreneur relief
- Share buyback relief
- Agricultural relief
- Business relief
- Dwelling-house relief
- Dividend Withholding Tax (DWT) - failure to deduct
- Claims under section 434
- Reorganisations and restructures including EU holding companies
- Transfer of assets abroad legislation - when it applies
- Bona fide commercial reasons - what it means
- Domicile levy
- Transborder relief
- Stamp duty - group transfers
- EIIS relief
- Section 817
- VAT - cancellation of waiver adjustment
- VAT - missing trader assessments
- VAT - margin schemes - goods from UK
- Reinvestment relief -s 536
- Travel and subsistence - normal place of work
- Alan Moore from Tax World Ltd
- Gary O'Mahony - Managing Partner with O'Hara Dolan & Co
- Jimmy Rynhart - RCR Business Services
Written by Alan Moore
Founder and CEO of Tax World Ltd